Brian Safdari is the founder of College Planning Experts, America’s leading authority on how to send your child to the college of their choice without going broke. His story is one of incredible success and triumph over seemingly insurmountable obstacles.
After his sacrifice of not attending his dream college, making costly mistakes on the financial aid process, and getting in over $50,000 in student loan debt, Brian has devoted his life to helping parents get their kids accepted into their dream college without going broke.
Since 2004, Brian Safdari has helped over 7,500 families get into college, receive financial aid regardless of income, assets or student’s grades, and fund college without jeopardizing their retirement.
Brian Safdari has been featured in LA Times, Daily News, The Signal Newspaper, SCV TV, AM 1220 KHTS radio show, and as seen on many TV channels such as Fox 11’s Good Day LA show, Fox News, USA network, Bravo, E network, ABC family, Food Network, TLC, Tru TV, VH1, Animal Planet, Lifetime Movie Network, Oxygen, CNN, and much more. Brian has helped raise over $121,000 in charitable contributions to many non-profit organizations and been awarded by The US House of Representative, Congressman Howard Buck McKeon, Assemblyman Cameron Smyth, California State Assembly, County of Los Angeles, California State Senate, California Legislative, City of Los Angeles, City of Santa Clarita, and more.
He is also the host of a radio show, “College Planning Secrets Exposed” and an author of several best-selling books on college planning.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Brian Safdari is using his mistakes to help others attend college for less
- The first mistakes many parents make when it comes to financial aid for their inbound college students
- How to maximize access to grants and other types of financial aid
- Ways parents can position themselves, financially, to receive money to assist with college – even if they are wealthy and may not qualify for government-based grant programs
- Methods students can use to leverage the connections they make in college and why the connections students make in college are sometimes more valuable than the education they receive
- The most important thing students should focus on when planning their college experience (and it isn’t how they’re going to pay for it)
- Why parents shouldn’t fear their children getting accepted into private or even Ivy league colleges
- When parents and children should begin zeroing in on the colleges they’re interested in and the careers they’d like to pursue
- How parents can after the bills have been greatly reduced with Brian’s plan
- The three pillars of the college planning process and what parents can do to position their children for the greatest possible success in the college planning process
- Ways some college funds can actually hurt your child’s opportunities for receiving financial assistance and how parents can avoid those potential pitfalls