Mike Zlotnik has been a debt and equity investor in real estate for since 2000. He started his career and had spent nearly 15 years in the information technology field managing risk, Business Intelligence and Quality of complex systems, software and processes. He is a strong analytic and strategic thinker, focused on improving profitability through data analysis, business process engineering, and optimization.
While building a successful career in IT, Mike’s passion has always been in real estate investing because of its predictability of outcome and well understood risks. In 2009, Mike joined Tempo Funding, LLC (Mortgage Pool Fund) as a managing partner, and Vice President of funding operations. Since January 2014 Mike has assumed the responsibility of a CEO and has since founded TF Management Group, LLC, launching 2 new real estate investment funds.
Under Mike’s Leadership, the company has seen continuous double-digit annual growth, delivering strong returns for the fund investors. Mike holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics from Binghamton University. Mike is a member of multiple real estate mastermind groups such as Collective Genius, Venture Alliance, CA Investors (Private).
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The different kinds of deals Mike works on and why he focuses on fix-and-flip loans
- Why Mike looks at much more than the finances of the borrower when assessing which deals to take on
- Why Mike’s clients come to him almost entirely on referrals
- Transactional funding: what it is, how Mike helps his clients with it, and what he charges for it
- What goes into the cost of a 30-60 day hard money loan
- Why some states are better than others for RE Deals and why Mike doesn’t do deals in Arizona
- Why condos are very volatile
- Why any kind of property can be worth it with the right deal