Todd Dexheimer and his companies have purchased, renovated and sold well over 200 properties, ranging from single family homes, duplexes, multi-family properties, mobile homes, raw land, and a ski resort. His focus is on value-added Multi-family purchase and syndication in emerging markets.
Todd and has a team have purchased Multi-family buildings in 5 states and holds over $15 million of real estate. Todd has raised over $10 million in private equity and provided his private investors with double-digit returns on every investment.
Todd also hosts the podcast Pillars of Wealth Creation, where he interviews successful business leaders.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Todd made the transition from being a high school shop teacher to being a successful real estate investor, with no money of his own
- Why entering the real estate market during the 2008 crash was both terrifying and lucrative for Todd
- Why it is incredibly important to hire an attorney when you’re dealing in private money
- How Todd moved from single-family to multi-family properties, and what sort of properties he was able to flip
- Why Todd puts some of his own money into his deals, and when he uses non-recourse loans in his business
- What kinds of markets Todd operates in, what criteria he looks for, and what he avoids
- Why Todd believes we are due for another real estate recession, and how he plans to manage his business during that time
- How to scale your business in size, and why you should hire the right people that can help your business grow
- Patrick Mahaffey shares a big success story of one of the properties he was able to close on, by the numbers