Kathy Fettke is CEO and Founder of Real Wealth Network based in Walnut Creek, CA, an organization dedicated to helping members get the most current and cutting-edge real estate education and information they need to succeed as real estate investors. Kathy is a licensed Realtor, former mortgage broker, and an active real estate investor She was selected as one of America’s “100 Most Intriguing Entrepreneurs” by Goldman Sachs at the 1st annual and now 2nd Annual Builders and Innovators Summit.
Kathy Fettke is an active real estate investor, licensed Realtor, certified coach, and former mortgage broker. She specializes in helping people build multi-million dollar real estate portfolios through through creative finance and planning. With a passion for researching and sharing the most important facts on real estate and economics, Kathy received her BA in Broadcast Communications from San Francisco State University and worked in the newsrooms of CNN, FOX, CTV, and ABC-7.
She’s past-president of American Women in Radio & Television. Kathy became a certified personal coach through the Coaches Training Institute in San Rafael, California. In 2001, she took the coaching process to television and produced a cable show called “DREAM” which followed the process of 6 people going after their dreams over 90 days. Kathy noticed a theme on her Dream coaching show: most people didn’t have time for their dreams when they are spending all their time at work to make money to pay the bills. Her show sponsor was a real estate expert and the segments they produced changed her life. After interviewing dozens of real estate millionaires, Kathy discovered their best strategies for creating passive income streams. She and her husband bought numerous investment properties and since then learned the highs and lows of investing that can only come from hands-on experience.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The importance of understanding the market cycle
- The ‘buy and hold’ strategy that Kathy focuses on
- How Kathy helps people reposition their assets into different properties so that they’re making money
- What it means when you negotiate debt
- Why a recession is a great time to be a real estate investor and why we are overdue for one
- Affordable places to live that baby boomers/retirees are flocking to
- How to pick what markets to invest in
- How turn-key properties work
- Why you can’t trust anyone in real estate and always need to verify
- Why it’s so important to take the time to learn if you are new to real estate