Mitch Stephen, the leading expert in how owner finance works, interviews Cara Brookins.
Cara Brookins is best known for being the mom who built her own house using YouTube tutorials. She has been entertaining, educating, and inspiring audiences with her keynotes and presentations since 2004. She’s the author of eight books, including “Rise How a House Built a Family,” which tells the story of building her 3500 square foot house with the help of her four children by watching YouTube tutorials and googling things like foundation work, plumbing, and gas lines. News of Cara’s family story went viral in more than 75 countries and was viewed two billion times. “Rise” has now been optioned to become a major motion picture. Inspiring audiences to build bigger lives remains her greatest passion.
What you’ll learn about how owner finance works in this episode:
- Why sometimes the best ideas for your next venture are born of necessity
- Why it is necessary to tell the truth rather than simply telling a story with your writing sometimes — even when the truth feels a little messy and raw
- How audiences recognize the truth when reading it — especially in non-fiction
- The importance of being relatable in writing and in business
- Why it’s important to reveal your own humanity, for better or worse, when writing your memoir
- The real key to making lasting changes in your life: taking MASSIVE action
- Why it’s sometimes necessary to go “all in” with no plan B to give yourself the proper incentive to complete the job
- What it really means to “burn the ships!” and why it can be the perfect motivator
- How to shift your focus when it feels like you’ve bitten off more than you can stand so that you’re only taking one small bite at a time
- Why you absolutely have to get dirty sometimes, literally covered in mud, to make it to the shiny and sparkling clean image on the other side
- The importance of learning from failures
- How Cara feels that confidence can be the real deal maker sometimes
Resources and owner financing courses:
Learn More about how owner finance works…
How Owner Finance Works – Owner Finance 101 Presentation
What Is Owner Financing – Episode 126: Owner Financing Real Estate: Everything You Need to Know
Real Estate Investing Podcast – Real Estate Investor Summit Podcast Episodes
Real Estate Investing 101 – The Real Estate Investing Technique that Blows Being A Landlord Away!
Owner Financing Courses – Be The Bank: The Art of Owner Financing Mitch Stephen