Owner Financing Real Estate – Asset Protection with Scott Smith
Scott Smith, Esq. is an experienced podcast guest, and owner of Royal Legal Solutions, Austin, TX, one of the top asset protection companies for real estate investors in the country. In order to develop strategies to maximize tax savings and protect from devastating lawsuits, Scott invested several years deconstructing real estate investing.
Scott kicked off his legal career in high stakes litigation, personally holds real estate investments in 10 states, and provides niche advice for over 29,000 real estate investors, representing most U.S. states, with holdings of over $4.5 billion.
What you’ll learn about how owner finance works in this episode:
- What series LLCs are and how they can help protect you from legal challenges
- Who can be helped by series LLCs, land trusts, and anonymity
- Why insurance isn’t enough protection to keep you safe from lawsuits
- What you can do to make up the gap in protection left by insurance
- Why lawsuits aren’t really about who’s right and who’s wrong, and why good people can be targeted by lawsuits too
- A case study of Scott’s in asset protection and how series LLC helped save a client thousands of dollars
- A case study in which an investor lost millions of dollars by thinking insurance was enough protection
- How lawsuits will affect 95% of all investors at some point, and why it’s crucial to be prepared for the inevitability of a lawsuit
Owner Financing Resources:
Learn More About How Owner Finance Works…
Real Estate Investing 101 – Owner Finance 101 Presentation
What Is Owner Financing – Episode 1: Who Is Mitch Stephen? Why is “Buy and Hold” a Myth? Why Owner Financed Properties?
Owner Financing Courses – Be The Bank: The Art of Owner Financing Mitch Stephen
Real Estate Investing Podcast – Real Estate Investor Summit Podcast Episodes
How Does Owner Finance Work?
Learn how to stop being a landlord and start being the back with the help of Mitch Stephen’s Real Estate Mentor Program!