Jay Papasan is a bestselling author that serves as vice president and executive editor at Keller Williams Realty International, the world’s largest real estate company. He is also vice president of KellerINK, co-owner of Keller Capital, and co-owner, alongside his wife Wendy, of Papasan Properties Group with Keller Williams Realty in Austin, Texas.
Jay Papasan was born and raised in Memphis, TN. After attending the University of Memphis he spent several years working abroad in Paris before attending New York University’s graduate writing program. Upon graduating he found work at HarperCollins Publishers, where he helped piece together such bestselling books as Body-for-Life by Bill Phillips and Go for the Goal by Mia Hamm.
After moving to Austin, Jay joined Keller Williams Realty International, and in 2003 he co-authored The Millionaire Real Estate Agent alongside Gary Keller and Dave Jenks. The resounding success of the book, which focused on the systems, models, and tactics used by the nation’s top real estate sales agents, brought him his first experience as an acclaimed author when the book became a national bestseller in 2004. Having landed on a formula for providing insight and easy to follow strategies for success, the group maintained their momentum and strung together a series of books that found their way onto numerous bestselling lists, including those found in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and The New York Times.
The books he’s helped craft have collectively sold over 8 million copies. His most recent work with Gary Keller on The ONE Thing has sold over half a million copies worldwide and garnered more than 250 appearances on national bestseller lists, including #1 on The Wall Street Journal’s hardcover business list.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The principles that Jay and his wife built their wealth on
- A model to help you achieve long-term success
- Why you should stick to your criteria when it comes to investing in real estate
- The story behind the book “The ONE Thing”
- The three simple areas of mastery that can make you a millionaire
- Why most great growth almost has to be forced upon you
- The challenge that comes along with planning
- Why real estate is considered an active investment
- How to be a better steward of your wealth and money over time
- How to determine your financial wealth