David Finkel is an ex-Olympic level athlete turned business multimillionaire. He is a Wall Street Journal and Business Week best-selling author of 9 business and financial books, including co-authoring SCALE with Priceline.com co-founder Jeff Hoffman.
David is the founder and CEO of Maui Mastermind®, one of the world’s premier business coaching company which has worked with over 100,000 business owners, helping them grow their companies and get their lives back. David’s clients enjoy an average annual growth rate of 64.2% while at the same time increase their companies’ “Owner Independence” by an average of 97.4% per year. Over the past 20 years, David and the other Maui coaches and advisors have personally started and scaled companies with an aggregate value of $63 billion.
His weekly business owner e-letter is read by 100,000 business owners around the world and his syndicated business articles on Inc.com and Huffingtonpost.com garner over 150,000 readers every year. His work has been featured in such prestigious media outlets as the Wall Street Journal, International Business Times, Bloomberg Businessweek, Fox Business, MSNBC, and Inc. Magazine.
An in-demand keynote speaker, David’s message of how to grow a business by strengthening its core systems, team, and culture has galvanized business audiences around the globe.
He and his wife Heather, and their three young sons live in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Focusing on building and growing your real estate business that does the deals instead of the business owner having to do the deal by themselves
- How to grow your real estate business
- Why you need to make sure your team knows that you want your business to be an owner-independent business
- Why going to an owner-independent business shouldn’t force you to take a long term financial hit
- When you should use virtual assistants in owner-independent businesses and when to use employees near you
- “Build a Business, Not a Job!” David’s book that he is giving away free
- Why you shouldn’t always give your team the answers to the questions they ask you
- David’s UBS coaching program
- Why you need to get rid of the excuse that your business is too special or unique to be owner-independent