Since 1980, Eddie Speed has dedicated his professional life to the Note buying industry, seller financing, and non-performing notes. He’s introduced innovative ideas and strategies that have positively impacted the way the industry operates today. Fifteen years ago, Eddie founded NoteSchool, which is a highly recognized training company, specialized in the teaching of buying performing and nonperforming discounted mortgage notes. He is also a principal of Colonial Capital Management LLC, which is a private equity fund that acquires discounted real estate secured notes.
In 2016, Eddie received the special recognition of being honored as the first inductee into the SBRE Hall of Fame along with the Think Realty Award of Distinction for Alternative – Asset Investor of the Year. Thus far, in 2017, Eddie has been awarded Mentor of the Year from the Note Investor Summit.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Eddie’s background
- Why the Seller Finance Coalition was formed
- How the consumer has been walled off from buying a house if it’s under $75k unless they are owner-financed
- Why politicians need to be educated about this niche industry
- The story behind the Seller Finance Enhancement Act
- Why investors got out of the seller finance business and started renting houses
- Why the Seller Finance Coalition needs to demonstrate that they are helping others
- Why people need to band together and join the Seller Finance Coalition
- Why lawmakers build trusted relationships with organizations like the Seller Finance Corporation